If you or someone you know may be having a mental health crisis
- call 9-1-1 or
- go to the nearest emergency room or
- call the National Suicide Prevention Crisis Line (800)273-8255 (Veterans, friends, & families Press 1)
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Your call is routed to the nearest crisis center in the national network of 150+ crisis centers.
Crisis Text Line: Text CONNECT to 741741 for help 24/7
The Lifeline and 988
988 has been designated as the new three-digit dialing code that will route callers to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. While some areas may be currently able to connect to the Lifeline by dialing 988, this dialing code will be available to everyone across the United States starting on July 16, 2022.
When people call, text, or chat 988, they will be connected to trained counselors that are part of the existing National Suicide Prevention Lifeline network. These trained counselors will listen, understand how their problems are affecting them, provide support, and connect them to resources if necessary.
The current Lifeline phone number (1-800-273-8255) will always remain available to people in emotional distress or suicidal crisis, even after 988 is launched nationally.
988 is not yet active across all communications access points in the United States. If you or someone you know is in crisis now, please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to be connected to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or visit Vibrant Emotional Health’s Safe Space for digital resources.
In Nevada County Call the Mental Health Crisis Line (530)265-5811 24/7
Link to Nevada County Behavioral Health Crisis Services page
For free, confidential support in over 100 countries go to findahelpline.com.
The Friendship Line is a hotline/warm line available 24 hours a day for people 60+ who are experiencing loneliness, isolation, grief, depression, anxiety, or thoughts of suicide. 1(800)971-0016
Veterans Crisis Support
www.veteranscrisisline.net – Confidential Chat
1-800-273-8255, Press 1
TTY: 1-800-799-4889 Text to 838255
Connects veterans in crisis (and their families and friends) with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential, toll-free hotline, online chat, or text.
Confidential personalized peer support by phone or chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Open to active duty, National Guard and Reserve service members, veterans, retirees, and their families/caregivers.
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
- National Helpline 1-800-662-HELP 1(800)662-4357 (also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service)
- TTY: 1-800-487-4889
- Disaster Distress Helpline Toll-Free: 1-800-985-5990 (English and Español) https://www.disasterdistress.samhsa.gov
- SMS: Text TalkWithUs to 66746SMS (Español): “Hablanos” al 66746TTY: 1-800-846-8517
- Sacramento County Suicide Prevention Crisis Line 1(916) 368-3111
- Auburn, CA Crisis Suicide Hotline 1(530) 885-2300
- Roseville, CA Crisis Suicide Hotline 1(916) 773-3111
- Lincoln, CA Crisis Suicide Hotline 1(916) 645-8866
- El Dorado County Mental Health Crisis Line
- 1(530) 622-3345 West Slope
- 1(530) 544-2219 South Lake Tahoe
- The Peer-Run Warm Line: 1-855-845-7415 is a non-emergency resource for anyone in California seeking emotional support.
- Hope Cooperative Mental Health Crisis Respite Center 1(916)737-7483 – 23-hour respite center; transportation provided in Sacramento County
- Runaway – California Youth Crisis Line, 1(800)843-5200
- NATIONAL RUNAWAY SAFELINE: 1(800)786-2929
- Self-Injury – SAFE: Self Abuse Finally Ends 1(800)366-8288
- Teen Covenant House Nineline https://teenlineonline.org/yyp/covenant-house-nineline/ Teen Line is a confidential hotline for teenagers which operates every evening from 6:00pm to 10:00pm PST. If you have a problem or just want to talk with another teen who understands, then this is the right place for you! You can call us at 800-TLC-TEEN 1(800)852-8336, text us by texting “TEEN” to 839863; also available as an app “Teen Talk”
- U.S. National Trans Lifeline 1-877-565-8860
- Trevor Space is an affirming international community for LGBTQ young people ages 13-24 https://www.trevorspace.org
- LGBTQ Crisis Line through The Trevor Project
- TrevorLifeline: Call: 1-866-488-7386;
- Text START to 678678;
- Chat online at: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/
- Sacramento LGBTQ+ Community Center, https://saccenter.org/, 1015 20th Street, Sacramento, CA 95811 1(916) 442-0185
- Placer County LGBT Allies Resource Center, PRISM-Q https://spiritj.wixsite.com/prism 1(916)546-5428
- PFLAG National: www.pflag.org
- PFLAG Sacramento; https://www.pflagsacramento.org/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-916-978-0410 warm-line
- PFLAG Greater Placer County; http://www.pflagplacercounty.org/
- Email: Information@pflagplacercounty.org
- Voice Mail: 1(916) 863 9622 [Messages are checked daily]
- PFLAG Placerville / El Dorado County https://www.pflagplacerville.org/
- A Mother’s Heart: 1.916.681.2907; https://www.a-mothers-heart.org/
- Supporting Women and Families experiencing Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Postpartum Support International Helpline: 1.800.944.4773 https://www.postpartum.net/
- Resources for Moms and Dads and Providers to recognize and seek support during the perinatal and postpartum period.
- 2020 M0M maternal mental health advocacy, education and collaboration https://www.2020mom.org/our-work
- National Postpartum Depression Warmline: 1-800-PPD-MOMS
Domestic Violence / Human Trafficking
- WEAVE Rape Crisis/Domestic Violence – Sacramento 1-916-920-2952
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 24/7 at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233); TTY1-800-787-3224 (TTY) or Chat online: https://www.thehotline.org/what-is-live-chat/
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: (800.656.HOPE and online.rainn.org)
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: Call 1-888-373-7888 (TTY: 711) Text 233733 Chat: https://humantraffickinghotline.org/
- Trucking and Human Trafficking https://www.lanierlawfirm.com/trucking-and-human-trafficking/
- Nevada County
- DVSAC DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SEXUAL ASSAULT Coalition 24 HOUR CRISIS LINE: 1(530)272-3467
- Community Beyond Violence 24 Hour Crisis Line (530) 272-3467 All services are free, confidential and non-discriminatory.
- CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES: 1(530)265-9380